You have a company that offers a great product or service and you are ready to share it with the world and start selling online, great! but... Where to start?
You have 3 options:
- Do online marketing and have the sale close at your local store
- No marketing, just online selling
- Make the most out of your company's website and do both
You use several tools the the internet has to offer so you market your brand, product or service:
- Social networks
- Google Ads
You market your brand by sending emails, posting on networks, paying Google so your site appears as a first result in its search results (this is how those who are asking about any product or services that you happen ti have will find you), among others.
Within this advertising that you will make online, you will include your stores telephone numbers, schedules and addresses so that people come to them when buying something.
You have a website that only offers an online catalog, with their respective sales mechanisms. You leave advertising in the hands of traditional media (radio, TV, spectacular ...), which will redirect your customers to your website, to make the purchase online.
You have a website which offers only an online catalog, along with its selling tools (ordering, payment methods, shipment...). You leave advertising in the hands of traditional media (radio, TV, billboards ...), which will redirect your customers to your website, to make the purchase online.
Online Marketing and Sales
This option is, from our point of view, the winning option, since you make the most out of the investment you've made on your website, both to advertise and to sell.
A whole digital strategy should:
- Be designed according to specific, attainable and measurable sales goals
- Be built around an active website, a site that internet search engines - such as Google - will find trustworthy and therefore, offer it to those who search for what your site offers, without you having to pay Google for this
- Have a CRM to help you manage your contacts and the marketing/sales process that is being followed with each one of them
- Have a platform that will allow you to automate different processes for each type of client
It all depends on:
- The option you choose
- Your budget
- How much you know (or not) about digital strategies
- Your company's size
- How much you expect to make
We recommend you hire at least an initial consultation service with which you can learn all about the options that you have, discussing it with an expert. Based on this consultancy, you should be able to decide whether you should do it all by yourself or if you should work with an agency (whom should also offer different work plans so you choose the one that best fits your company).